The US Offers Huawei A Lifeline That Even Saves The Huawei Mate 30 Pro

It's all good in terms of Android especially

After months of restriction by the US, things are finally starting to look up for Huawei. According to Reuters, the US Commerce Department will announce son that Huawei will be allowed to buy goods and services from American companies for another 90 days. That's a little more leeway that could potentially save the launch of the Huawei Mate 30.

There was quite a bit of concern when President Trump postponed a series of tariffs on goods arriving in the States from China. Those tariffs now won't apply until December 15. On the plus side, this means the temporary general license which permits Huawei to buy components and services from the US is now expected to run until the middle of November.

The sources that spoke to Reuters said the situation is still very much fluid though, so it's still possible for things to change. If that does happen though, that would leave Huawei unable to launch its next flagship phone, the Huawei Mate 30 Pro, with Google's Android operating system on board next month. The company has said that in that case, the phone launch would go ahead as planned, perhaps as early as next month, but with the new Huawei operating software, called Harmony OS, replacing Android.

But as of now, the launch of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro with Android remains on the table.

That's not the only good news for Huawei of course. The arrangement will also allow Huawei to maintain current telecom networks and supply software updates for phones. Your P30 Pro should still be up to date months after the ban took effect, and might even stay current throughout 2019.

So far so good. But it all depends on whether the US government stays firm on their decision and not waffle on it further.