Malaysians listen to seriously a lot of music.
You probably already know that from this headline, but seriously - how much music do we actually listen to?
As Spotify hits its four year mark in Malaysia, they’ve released some cool facts about Malaysian listening habits. Did you know...
- 1 in 4 Malaysians with internet access are streaming on Spotify.
- Malaysians have streamed 2.9 billion songs in the last 12 months. That’s 7.5 billion minutes of music being played throughout the year. if you were to try to listen to that much music on your own, it'll take 14,224 years.
- Malaysians spend an average of 148 minutes on Spotify per day, with most turning the music loud between 4pm to 5pm.
How about the kind of music do we listen to, exactly? Well...
- Malaysians love to listen to The Chainsmokers, Ed Sheeran and The Weeknd.
- Malaysians keep on repeat the Starboy, Shape of You and 24k Magic albums.
- Malaysians love to keep Shape of You, Say You Won’t Let Go and Paris on their playlist.
- Malaysians’ favourite genres are Pop, Hip Hop and EDM/Dance
Hiw about which playlists Malaysians love? That's after the jump.