After Uberpool, Uber adds another layer of feature to make your commuting life easier in this concrete mess.
You can now schedule a ride from 15mins to 30 days well in advance. The idea is to save as much time as possible for the driver and the commuter both.
Naturally, this feature will keep you punctual with your meetings, appointments and trips to the airport.
The feature extends to Businesses as well, Uber for business will give customers a chance to plan out every business trip for their employees, giving priority access to riders who have Business Profiles or are linked to their company’s Uber for Business account.
So how do i use it ?
Just update the app and follow the steps below and you should be good to go (it's no rocket science, really!)
- Select your preferred vehicle (scheduled rides is currently available on uberGO and uberX only) and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberX” or “Schedule uberGO”. You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
- Uber will send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether dynamic pricing applies (Praise The Lord).
- Currently scheduled rides is only available on uberGO and uberX and you can pay through your credit cards, debit cards, prepaid wallets and even cash.