We are all anticipating the release of Windows 10, what with the free upgrades Windows 7 and 8 users will get.
Be aware that Microsoft will be removing certain features from Windows 10 and some of these features are features that you always use. Below is a list of features that are being removed:
- If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- Windows 7 desktop gadgets will be removed as part of installing Windows 10
- Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Only Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.
- Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that come pre-installed on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft has released versions of Solitaire and Minesweeper called the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” and “Microsoft Minesweeper.”
- If you have a USB floppy drive, you will need to download the latest drivers from Windows Update or from the manufacturer’s website.
- If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.
Aside from what is stated above, there isn’t going to be much of a drastic change other than the removal of the Windows Media Centre (so much memories), more like minor tweaks here and there. Remember to expect some driver incompatibilities in the initial upgrade.