Samsung has officially unveiled its Galaxy Tab S2 tablet range, and both models measure in at an iPad Air 2-beating 5.6mm.
The Galaxy Tab S2 won’t strain your bag straps either, with the 8in version weighing in at 265g, and the 9.7in model tipping the scales at just under 390g.
Inside their sleek shells you’ll find a an octa-core processor with a max clock speed of 1.9GHz, coupled with 3GB of RAM and either 32GB or 64GB of expandable memory.
Android 5.0 Lollipop is running the show, with Samsung's software tricks (inducing split screen multitasking) in tow.
An 8MP camera should offer passable snaps for those looking to take photos with a tablet, and the home button features the same fingerprint-scanning tech found in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, letting you secure the device and make online payments with a simple tap of an approved digit.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will be available from 7 August. While there's only one colour option (black), there are four different versions to choose from:
- Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7in) Wi-Fi - S$698
- Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7in) 4G+ - S$798
- Galaxy Tab S2 (8in) Wi-Fi - S$598
- Galaxy Tab S2 (8in) 4G+ - S$698
The tablet also comes with accessories to complement it, ranging from covers that double up as Bluetooth keyboards to a multimedia dock:
- Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7in) Book Cover with Bluetooth Keyboard - S$228
- Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7in) Book Cover - S$98
- Galaxy Tab S2 (8in) Book Cover - S$78
- Samsung Multimedia Dock for Tablet - S$168
Oh, and your Samsung tablet is covered from accidental liquid damage and screen crack for a year, thanks to the free Samsung Premium Care.