Sculpteo brings 3D printing home
3D printing waas once the stuff of fiction and scientific theory. Then it was the exclusive (and expensive) preserve of design agencies, architects and aerospace engineers. Now Sculpteo is bringing the excitement of 3D model-making to the casual punter.
For between £15-£200, the company will take your 2D drawings, turn them into physical objects and send them to you a couple of days later. Finished products can be coloured according to your design and are anything from 1-30cm tall.
Right, we’re just going to print off our Christmas presents. You can do the same by heading for Sculpteo’s site.
More from Stuff.tv
- Rumour Mill – Facebook launching Gmail killer today
- Fast facts – Palm Pre 2
- 15 of the best motion-controlled game apps
- Need to know – B&O BeoSound8
- Xbox Kinect goes on sale
- 25 most iconic cameras ever
- LG L-03C is more camera than phone
- Facebook fails to produce mythical phone
- Rumour Mill – Apple to offer logic board upgrades again
- Next Big Thing – guerilla filesharing
- Rumour Mill – Chrome OS laptops slated for November
- Gibson Firebird X – world's most gadgety guitar
- Acer Liquid Metal is nigh
- 25 most iconic computers of all time
- Next Big Thing – SIM-less phones