There has been a backlash against the new MacBook Pro, due to its having just one port and people bemoaning the need to purchase adapters.
The good news, Apple is making up for it. Sort of.
Might as well stock up
Apple is discounting the following USB-C accessories from now through December 31:
- USB-C to USB Adapter (S$14)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (S$42)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (S$68)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (S$68)
- USB-C to Lightning (1 m) (S$28)
- USB-C to Lightning (2 m) (S$42)
Of course you could just go for third-party quality accessories but for people who are wary about third-party stuff this might be a good time to stock up on adapters. The discount will not last forever, after all.
So if you think a MacBook is somewhere in your future, you might consider getting one of these as the switch to USB-C is inevitable and bound to spread to other platforms as well.