The biggest update to Pokémon Go since its official release has finally arrived - the introduction of 80 new Pokémon from the Gold & Silver original games, adding to the baby Pokémon we got late last year.
But besides the new Pokémon, there are a lot of cool stuff that’s been added into the latest version of Pokémon Go as well. Update your app now and check out these new features:
New Encounters UI
Encountered Pokémon now have new animations when they appear. In addition, selecting a different PokéBall or Berry has been made easier as they’ve placed small icons on the main catch screen.
Try and wait for Pokémon that zigzag around or float high above to calm down before throwing a PokeBall.
New evolution items
Spin your next PokéStop and you might receive some new items, used for evolving certain Pokémon. These items are the King’s Rock, Metal Coat, Sun Stone, Up-Grade and the Dragon Scale. You’ll also need the required amount of candy to evolve these Pokémon. These are pretty rare so count your lucky stars if you get one.
Here is a list of Pokemon that evolve using items and candy.
- Slowpoke into Slowking - King's Rock + 50 Slowpoke Candy
- Poliwhirl into Politoed - King's Rock + 100 Poliwag Candy
- Scyther into Scizor - Metal Coat + 50 Scyther Candy
- Onix into Steelix - Metal Coat + 50 Onix Candy
- Gloom into Bellossom - Sun Stone + 100 Oddish Candy
- Sunkern into Sunflora - Sun Stone + 50 Sunkern Candy
- Porygon into Porygon2 - Upgrade + 50 Porygon Candy
- Seadra into Kingdra - Dragon Scale + 100 Horsea Candy
Many of these Pokémon are actually from the original 151, which gained alternate and new evolutions in this update. For the full line-up of first generation Pokémon that got new evolutions, check them out here.