Rumour Mill – LG Optimus Star
Best phone ever? That’s what LG could be cooking up in its smartphone kitchen
With a spec sheet that lists an 8MP camera with 1080p video capture chops, dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 and a largely base version of Android (Gingerbread, we hope), this could be the Stuff Gadget Awards 2011 phone of the year.
Whether LG’s 4in wonder – called the Optimus Star for now – will materialise early next year as rumoured remains to be seen, but we live in hope. We also hope LG can resist filling its new superphone with custom bloatware. But that side of the story doesn’t ring nearly so true.
More from Stuff.tv
– Rumour Mill – Facebook launching Gmail killer
– 15 of the best motion-controlled game apps
– Need to know – B&O BeoSound8
– LG L-03C is more camera than phone
– Facebook fails to produce mythical phone
– Rumour Mill – Apple to offer logic board upgrades again
– Next Big Thing – guerilla filesharing
– Rumour Mill – Chrome OS laptops slated for November
– Gibson Firebird X – world’s most gadgety guitar
– 25 most iconic computers of all time
– Next Big Thing – SIM-less phones